Navigating the open roads on a Harley-Davidson is an exhilarating experience, and the Skyline OS 12.3-inch TFT touchscreen brings a new level of convenience and safety to your journey. In this blog, we will guide you through the navigation features of this state-of-the-art system, ensuring you get the most out of your riding experience. Let's dive in!
Understanding the Navigation Function
First and foremost, it's crucial to understand that the navigation function is designed to assist you in your travels. However, keep in mind that the information provided may sometimes be incomplete or outdated. This is why it's essential to:
- Always verify road conditions, traffic laws, and restrictions.
- Program and review your routes only when the vehicle is stopped.
- If in doubt while driving, safely park your Harley to recheck or update your route.
- Setting Your Route: A Step-by-Step Guide
Using the Keyboard: When your Harley is parked, a keyboard will appear on the screen, allowing you to input your destination manually.
Voice Commands & POIs: While on the move, certain functions are disabled for safety. However, you can use voice commands or select from a list of Points Of Interest (POI) to set your destination.
Using the Infotainment Control Unit (IFCU)
- Start on the Home Screen: Select the navigation icon.
- Search for Your Destination: Use the text box, search icon, or POI suggestions to find where you want to go.
- Confirm Your Selection: Use the left-hand control switches to press OK/enter.
- To access different functions on the IFCU, tap the menu icon on the screen.